mardi 23 novembre 2010

June 26th 1894,

Dear diary,

I’m so deeply in love! Ernest, Uncle Jack’s brother, proposed to me three months ago, on the 14th of February last. It was really romantic. He gave me a pretty ring. There are also the letters that he sent me, three times a week. Love, oh true love! I wish only it happened for real. I wish I could meet him some time. I’m sure that we will connect. I have to admit that I fell in love with his name. Ernest, what a romantic, inspiring, divine name! I pity all the women who are not married with a husband called Ernest. It’s the most beautiful name of the world! I’m tired of writing about this imaginary love in my diary. I want to feel it for real. I want to meet this Ernest, and get married with him. I also want to raise children. How cute would it be to have two or three little Ernests jumping around? I’m jealous of Uncle Jack. Maybe I could come with him to see Ernest soon. Maybe he’ll let me go to town. The Big London, it must be the most exciting place of the world, if it’s the place where Ernest lives!
I’m tired, let’s go to bed!

Cecily

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire