mardi 23 novembre 2010

June 26, 1894

Dear Diary,

It's pretty rare for me to write down my thoughts. However, considering it's been a while since I've done so, I thought that perhaps I should do it again. Last Thursday, Mr. Worthing dined here and forgot his cigarette. Being naturally curious, I took the liberty of taking a glance at it. Something caught my eye as the inscription on it was pretty surprising. "From little Cecile, with her fondest love to her dead Uncle Jack". Surely, Mr. Worthing's name is Earnest. Unless, of course, he lied to me. As much as I look at the situation, I only see two possibilities. The inscription isn't addressed to him, or his real name is Jack and he is a Bunburyist just like me. I must admit the second scenario would be much more fun. Meeting another Bunburist would be rather enjoyable. I'll just have to make sure that he is serious about Gwendolene. On a side note, Aunt Augusta will come to pay me a visint tomorrow. Needless to say, I'd rather avoid such a chore. But one can't always do what one wants. I just hope it goes well. I think I'll visit my poor invalid friend soon enough. I deserve that at the very least.

Algernon

1 commentaire:

  1. What? Mister Ernest Worthing? He is the brother of Jack Worthing, my uncle, and I'm Cecily, the one who gave him the cigarette case. I think there is a mistake!
    Although, what is a Bunburist?

    RépondreSupprimer